Peiji is good at hygiene and risk management.
She knows what to do about it faster than people around her so that her plan was not often understood (sometimes it was rejected).
However her plan was the result of her everyday effort of learning and gathering information, and almost same steps, which were supervised by professionals, were introduced by media later.
The more process like that happened, the more Hachi changed her behavior toward hygiene management.
Therefore we think these points and steps below are not so bad as a home hygiene management plan or a personal everyday hygiene management plan.
For those who have a family to be protected, and those who don’t have roles of wife(or husband) and a parent like Hachi, we believe these steps might be helpful.
Points of using a surgical face mask effectively
- Hide your nose and mouth without a gap, controlling a nose wire
- An Italian man put a surgical face mask on his chin, which has no effect of a surgical face mask.
- A man hid his mouth but not his nose. There still was a possibility to get infected with virus from his nose.
- Janitors disinfected subway stations in NY without any protective stuffs including surgical face masks. The action might cause increase of number of infected people. And the same thing can be said of taking care of the sick at home.
- Throw a surgical face mask safely
- Don’t touch the outside of a surgical face mask
- Keep a plastic bag open
- Hold only an ear loop string of a surgical face mask and put it in a plastic bag slowly
- Go outside, remove air in a plastic bag in the opposite direction from you and tie a plastic bag
- Put a plastic bag in a rubbish bin, which is in a room where people don’t often move around
It is useful to set up a box of surgical face masks and plastic bags near the front entrance.
Hachi moved around this way or that until she got used to these steps.
But you can do these steps one by one.
Then you will be able to imagine where is the possible area of virus and get used to do these steps more.